The search box below is the starting point for all Ovid MEDLINE database searches. If you are searching MEDLINE only (not Ovid Journals), you will have the option to use subject headings. Similar to MeSH searches in PubMed, a"Map term to Subject Headings" search brings you to a screen where you can further refine your search. Ovid will then search for items that have been specifically identified as having your selected subject heading(s) as the main topic. View the "Subject Headings, Explode, and Focus" page of this guide for more information on subject headings in Ovid MEDLINE.
Ovid MEDLINE works most effectively if you search for one subject at a time, then combine the searches.
In this case, there are 88 items that pertain to both zika and malaria.
There are two ways to limit (or refine) your search in Ovid. The first is to embed the limits into your initial search by choosing a criteria from the blue area below the search box. These limiters can be used after the initial search as well, as shown below. The second set of filters is in the grey box on the left side of the screen.
1. Perform your search in the Ovid MEDLINE database.
2. Select the items to send to RefWorks.
3. Click the Export button near the top of the Results Display.
4. Select RefWorks from the Export To menu.
5. Select the Complete Reference button from the Select Fields to Display section.
6. Click the Export Citation(s) button.
7. In RefWorks click the View Last Imported Folder button.