What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online research/citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage information.
With RefWorks, you can:
- create your own database of references;
- export references from article databases and from the Web;
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies
Getting Started with RefWorks
Hooray! You've decided to use RefWorks. If you wish to see a series of brief videos showing the functions of RefWorks, you can visit the RefWorks YouTube channel. If you have any questions, feel free to email the library at Lib_Ref@rush.edu.
Accessing RefWorks: From the Library's Homepage, click on RefWorks under "Quick Links" at the left.
Creating an Account: New users must first create an account:
- After accessing RefWorks, you will come to the "RefWorks User Login for Rush University" page.
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field (does not need to be your Rush email)
- Click on Register
A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login and password. To create your account from off campus, please call the Library Services Desk at 312-942-5950.