What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online research/citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage information.
With RefWorks, you can:
- create your own database of references;
- export references from article databases and from the Web;
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies
Getting Started with RefWorks
Hooray! You've decided to use RefWorks. If you wish to see a series of brief videos showing the functions of RefWorks, you can visit the RefWorks YouTube channel. If you have any questions, feel free to email the library at Lib_Ref@rush.edu.
Accessing RefWorks from campus: From the Library's Homepage, click on RefWorks under "Quick Links" at the left.
Off-campus Access: From the Library's Homepage, click on RefWorks under "Quick Links" at the left. To use RefWorks from an off campus computer, you must use the Group Code. You may obtain the code by calling the Library Services Desk at 312-942-5950 or the METC Services Desk at 312-942-6799. You may also email Lib_Ref@rush.edu.
Creating an Account: New users must first create an individual account in order to use RefWorks:
- After accessing RefWorks, you will come to the "RefWorks User Login for Rush University" page.
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field (does not need to be your Rush email)
- Click on Register
A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login, password, and the Group Access Code for off-campus access.